Tuesday, January 20, 2015

First Birthday Party Preparation

Well, my baby is turning one!
Man this year has flown by!

Now I'm starting to get things ready for his first birthday party. 1 month in advanced (not to bad! My sister-in-law started making things for my niece's first birthday 6 months in advance .)
So here's my first project... A collage 1!

I saw it on pinterest, but I think mine turned out better. So I'm sharing the "recipe" with the world.

First you need a refrigerator box and cutting knife. Cut off one side of the box.

Then draw your desired design on the cardboard. Look at few fonts for inspiration.


Next, start adding pictures to the top. I started at birth and worked in chronological order. About 1/2 through, I realized I was going to have too many pictures. So I started working my way up. That way, I wouldn't miss anything important. 


I used glue! Don't use tape! Because with glue, you still have about 60 seconds to change the placement before the glue dries!

It took about 85 pictures. I had printed off 100 but was bummed to have to cull my bunch.


And he loves it! I'll have to hide it til the party. 



No comments:

Post a Comment